Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Men's Study


This summer the men in our church are going through a study by Erwin McManus called "Chasing Daylight". Fellow missionary/ staffer Chad Clooten is leading the 10-week study with roughly 12-15 other men who are around Columbia this summer. The focus of the study seems to be on embracing each moment as we follow the life of Jonathan. It should be a great tool to help us embrace where we are and ruthlessly follow God's plan for us.

We had a really good first night as we adjusted to this new type of ministry for The Rock. To my knowledge, we've never had a men's study that includes a DVD teaching and workbook, so it's kind of an experiment for us as well. As I looked around the room I realized that I knew all of the men there but I wasn't so sure that they knew each other very well. I'm looking forward to seeing relationships begin and deepen as we open up our dreams that God has put on our hearts to one another.

Please be praying for our times on Monday nights. I have a deep passion for the men of the church to rise up and take their role as spiritual leaders. Pray that we would begin our stride in following more intimately with the Lord and this will happen naturally.


No comments: