Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little update on my personal life lately for you.

This past weekend, Aimee came into town for a bridal shower thrown by my side of the family. They had it here in Springfield at Dining By Design and it seemed to have gone over really well. They played a few games, headed up by my sisters, including "The Newlywed Game" for those of you who remember that. Well, make it the "Almost-Newlywed Game." Anna slapped on a mask of me in the 5th grade that Kayla put together and flipped over pre-written answers to questions that I had answered the night before. A lot of my family showed up along with Aimee's mom and a couple of her friends. It was a great time I hear. Plus, we got some amazing and much needed gifts.

Other than that, we spent our weekend going on a date, meeting up with some friends in town, eating with family and shopping. It may be the last time Aimee comes down to Springfield before the big move in May. Speaking of, I plan on going back to Columbia the weekend of the 15th of May. We get the new apartment May 1st, and Aimee will move into that almost immediately. Once I come up I will couch hop until the wedding June 13th.

This weekend, The Rock will have it's Spring Equippers' Retreat held at Cassie Clooten's parents' lake house at Lake of the Ozarks. Each year, the leaders of The Rock as well as upcoming equippers (student leaders within canvas groups) spend the weekend in fellowship, worship and discussion over what it means to be an equipper at The Rock and where we see our church going in the near future. It has always been a great time and it will be my first as a staff member. Being away from my church home is really difficult, especially having been gone for so long, so to have the weekend to be around upcoming leaders is something I am really looking forward to.

Other than that, I am in the final stretch of my time here in Springfield. Gifts have been coming in, though appointments for some reason have been difficult to schedule recently. I am encouraged in general, but this definitely wears on me. I've certainly come to a new understanding of what it looks like for me to carry my cross daily for the sake of Christ. Not everything goes according to plan even when you are taking the path you are certain of, but God is providing and I am doing my best to stay faithful through the good times and the difficult. I continue to look ahead and trust in him who is faithful. And I thank you for your support, your prayers and your encouragement. I thank you for taking this journey with me.

There are great things to come. I know that much.

No comments: